We all hoped that Covid-19 would just have been a memory in our history books by now, but the reality is that we will still have to cope with it for a while longer. Life goes on and important events, like weddings, can’t be kept on hold by Lockdown restrictions forever. AnuYou Wellness and Slimming Centre gives us a short survival guide on how to safely navigate weddings during a pandemic. Read more about that here.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM FOR THE WEDDING DAY
Start preparing well in advance of your wedding day (and honeymoon, of course). A few pointers to follow are:
- Boosting your immune system with healthy foods (especially proteins, veggies, and fruits) and enough antioxidants (to protect your cells) for a balanced lifestyle.
- Drinking enough clean water to stay hydrated. This will also give your skin a healthy glow on your wedding day.
- Keeping your gut healthy with probiotics. Include good bacteria-rich foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, pickles, and traditional buttermilk into your diet.
- Getting enough sleep for cell regeneration.
- Managing your stress levels – doing something as a couple that calms and relaxes you.
- Regular exercise for blood circulation, extra oxygen in the bloodstream, and an overall feeling of well-being.
WHAT GUESTS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING A WEDDING
Guests should be mindful that it is a long day for everyone, so it would be to their benefit to stay hydrated and to ensure that their blood sugar don’t drop, by having regular and healthy snacks. Guests can become jittery, especially during the bride and groom photo sessions, so having a snack or a proper meal before attendance, will count in their favor.
As we are in a pandemic, guests should be mindful of the social distancing rule, as well as all the other protocols put into place (wearing masks that cover the nose and mouth, sanitizing hands and objects, covering mouths and noses while coughing and sneezing, etc.) to ensure their own safety, as well as that of fellow guests. If they feel ill or were recently in contact with Covid-positive persons, it is best for them to get tested before attending any gatherings.
HOW, AND HOW QUICKLY, VIRUSES LIKE COVID-19 ARE SPREAD AT GATHERINGS
Viruses spread easily and quickly. Once a person is infected with a virus, they can spread it within seconds. Persons get infected through contact with particles of bodily fluids, such as coughing or sneezing, touching infected surfaces, or even by shedding skin. These viruses will then invade a person’s body and start attacking the immune system.
HOW A PERSON’S OVERALL HEALTH IMPACTS THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM
The complete immune system consists of some of the largest organs in the body, to some of the smallest of cells. Its function in the body is one of the most important, as there is an internal war raging inside the body at any given time. It protects our bodies from outside invaders such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and toxins.
All the parts of our immune system form a potent weapon against illness and infection. When functioning optimally, it keeps us healthy and is thus the main reason for us to give it all the love and care it needs by living a healthy balanced lifestyle.
For more detailed information about the immune system, read this blog article by AnuYou Wellness and Slimming Centre: 6 Things We Should Know About Our Immune System.