WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT KILIMA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE AND SPA
Nestled at the foot of the Murchison Mountain Range, this award-winning five-star game reserve will excite you with its atmosphere, views, and wildlife. With ten national awards under the belt for 2021, the quality of their hospitality and activities are second to none. Not only does Kilima Private Game Reserve and Spa host the most enchanting weddings but are they also the 2021 Wedding Hub Treasure Hunt honeymoon sponsors. Read more about it here.
FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATION
With twenty luxurious and stylish en-suite rooms under a thatch roof, this award-winning game reserve also offers a wheelchair-friendly luxury suite. The rooms are welcoming, inviting and tastefully decorated for your viewing pleasure. You will feel right at home letting your hair down as you enjoy lazy days lounging next to the sparkling swimming pool.
To elevate your relaxation levels, you can enjoy sundowners at the Baobab or Star Gazing deck, while you soak up the magical astronomy on display under the bushveld sky. Indulging in wine or craft gin tastings are more options for the refined palate.
The ever-increasingly popular option of glamping is open to the adventurous traveler. Long gone are endless battles with setting up camp! Traditional camping has been blissfully replaced by fully kitted-out treetop tents where stargazing is now a possibility from within your comfortable bed. You have the privacy of your own small kitchen where you can cook family meals, or you can access the communal braai and boma area. For more relaxed days you can still book for dinner at the restaurant.
The gourmet bushveld restaurant, SECTION-15, boasts not one, but two culinary Springbok chefs. Having the creative marvel of two Olympic medalists takes Kilima Private Game Reserve and Spa to unprecedented heights.
Sustainability and conservation are key priorities at the reserve. The various implemented water-saving strategies minimize the reserve’s environmental footprint. They also have a drop-off point for plastic containers that assist with the Owl Project. Their hearts are to educate people on respecting and caring for the environment, so that future generations can still enjoy its beauty and wonder.
GAME DRIVES AND BUSH WALKS
Who doesn’t want to see wildlife at a world class game reserve? At Kilima Private Game Reserve and Spa you won’t find any shortage thereof. Private game rides twice daily and guided bush walks with highly skilled guides will ensure for bragging rights where your photos and social media posts are concerned.
- A very special and adventurous offering from the reserve are the various concierge trips. With options to visit landmarks and tourist hotspots such as Blyde River and Moholoholo, Panorama Route Guided Tour, Kruger Park Tour, Magoebaskloof Canopy Tours, Lekgalameetsi and Wolkberg Tour, Cultural Tours, to name but a few, your horizons are sure to be broadened.
- After a long day of touring, you can get pampered at the 2x award-winning Kukura Wellness Spa.
- Get some adrenalin pumping at the onsite gym and sauna.
- Lose yourself in birdwatching.
- Go on an exotic game breeding tour at Kilima Private Game Reserve and Spa’s sister farm.
If an enchanting wedding experience is what your heart desires, along with the pictures to match, then this is undoubtfully the place for you. Intimate weddings, and weddings up to 300 guests, will get the five-star treatment they deserve. Catering to all budgets, your dream wedding can be a possibility.
Kilima Private Game Reserve and Spa partnered with us at Wedding and Lifestyle Hub by sponsoring the grand honeymoon prize of our fantastic yearly Treasure Hunt. The winning couple will receive:
- 4x Nights’ stay at the Reserve.
- 3x Meals per day.
- 2x Game Drives – one sunrise game drive with coffee and rusks, and one sunset game drive with Lock & Love Ceremony on the Baobab Deck, with spekboom platter and sundowners.
- Romantic dinner under the stars, prepared by Springbok Culinary Olympic Medalist, Chef Edward Clegg.
- Photo session in the bush.
Entries to the Wedding and Lifestyle Hub’s Treasure Hunt will commence in November 2021. Be sure to keep an eye out for news on our website, as well as in the weekly Beeld newspaper. Do not miss out on the opportunity to win your dream wedding with some of the best vendors in our country!